Saturday, July 27, 2013

Meet Ginette!

In June I was blessed to take my third trip to Gabon with a wonderful team from my home church in Troy MI, Bridge Community Church. 

During our ten days on the ground in Gabon, our team helped run three mobile medical clinics in villages over three different days and we saw many patients with all different kinds of problems ranging from hypertension to malaria and HIV. At these clinics 76 mosquito nets were distributed through Project Sunset! We hope and pray that means that at least 76 more people will never have to come to the clinic for malaria treatment again!

On my last trip in March I met this woman in the pink shirt at a village church in Nkok, she was all smiles on Sunday! 

 Then on Monday I saw her at the clinic and she was very sick. This picture is of her getting tested for malaria and she tested positive. This was the first time I saw first hand how quickly malaria can make someone sick and it made my work with Project Sunset even more important to me. 


This woman was able to get the right care through our amazing Gabonese partners that day at the clinic. I left the clinic that day knowing she got the right care and medicine, but I never thought I would get the privilege of meeting her for a third time...

But 4 months later I did!! 

The first village clinic that we went to during that trip was in Nkok, the same village I got to got to church to on my last trip! I was excited just to be headed back to somewhere that I had already been and to see the new 
church building they built in those short four months. 

Church in March


Church in June
But an even greater surprise was waiting for me! Two women recognized me and remembered me by name as soon as I got there! One of the women happened to be the same woman that I met at church and then at the clinic when she had malaria. I found out that her name is Ginette and I had the privilege of playing with her kids and talking with her.

Ginette's Kids

She is healthy and pregnant! While we were talking she told me that if she has a girl she is going to name her Sarah after me! But that's not the best part of this story. The best part is that God is building relationships like this and doing great things that are impacting people through the support that you give to Project Sunset, things that we sometimes will never know about and then some that we will, like this story. As you continue to support Project Sunset there will be more and more stories like this, which makes me so excited! This greatly encouraged me to keep working hard and see who else God impacts though this program! 

Thank you so much for all of your continued support!!! It means so much to me, and so much to amazing people like Ginette! 

No comments:

Post a Comment